identity ;[


identity - unit 1

 

Acting skills

when I first came in I thought that I wont make any friends or I might mess up but as i was socializing with new people I just thought to myself that I will be getting used to this how i got used to secondary. The exercises that improved my acting skills were warm ups, games, improvisation, research, openness, positive attitude, positive mind set, facial expressions, good posture, time management, eye contact, respect, character, don't apologize just continue, support one another, speak out, determination, take your time, articulation, research- interviews verbatim and monologues, planning or development, performance, evaluation of performance and project, project development for the project. I have been talking to new people recently and I thought that they are really nice so decided to team up with them and get to work. All I can say is that the only thing which made me successful is respecting everyone and working as a team. I decided to work on a piece combined with verbatim work and devising which would improve our performance instantly.
See the source image

context

 
identity is when you are a person that has a passion of doing many things and are different from anyone else. Identity can also mean when you try and find out who is the mysterious or a missing person during a crime scene.

 

Research

The research that we were doing is the topic identity and also the over all course which is acting.
So we have been doing monologues about what happened to our past or some information about ourselves of what we did in life. The reason why I picked my grandma for the monologue is not just because of the topic but it’s because she inspired me to be successful and also she has went through rough times which made me feel bad especially how she was blind and had diabetes. She may be blind but she has been telling me some funny stories and also stayed most of her time with me which made me happy. She died 1 day before kosovan Independence Day and also her birthday is on 24th of December which is eve day. When she died in front of my eyes I felt upset but she is in a better place now and I needed to move on. I have decided to use a devising piece because when performing you would need to be having flashbacks and some interesting parts to it to make the audience not bored.

Planning and development 

With Rob I have been doing basic good warm ups before practice such as lounge twisters, breath differently (when your breath in stomach out, when breath out stomach in). Then we decide to play games which would keep us awake and energized. The games are related to acting because it would make you more confident with your classmates, teacher and also the audience. we would get into pairs or groups of 3/4 to do a short performance of identity. I remember the first time I came in the class, I forgot my classmate’s names, again... but then Rob decided to make us in a circle and in a fast pace we would have to remember someone's name in order to get in their space, and also as a pair we had to do an mini scene about anything really. I had got a really good tip which is "don't apologize just continue". this phrase is telling me that I should not care at all what the audience do in the back, just do your line. what's really helpful is that at some lessons Rob tell us what stuff we need help for acting such as project your voice, body posture, time management, etc.



With Shenagn before getting started to practice she would tell us to do warm ups such as going slowly down and try and touch your hands on the floor and taking deep breaths, she has been making us do devising work with the word waiting which made me had many ideas in my head such as waiting desperately for the toilet, waiting for a taxi, waiting to eat, waiting for a date, etc. we also go to the computer room and continue learning about which website to use for blogs, ideas what you can add to the blog and what is the high expectations in order to get a good clear and detailed writing.

Devising work


Devising means when you create your own mini performance based on the topic you get set. Devising is used for created a performance by working as a team and giving all of there ideas to make improvements to the performances. The good thing about devising work is that it makes your brain think of more ideas and build up on the performance that the topic is about. The reason why devising work is used is because not only you work with another company but also it is used to upgrade and fix any mistakes from the performances, with all of the people’s ideas combined the performance will be well developed and a masterpiece .

Image result for devising work


Verbatim theatre

verbatim theatre is the interviewer interviewing every single word the person says. Verbatim theatre is used from the person’s words to scenes, used reports or a speech. The good thing about verbatim theatre is that all of the topics such as feminism, hierarchy, pay gaps, stereotypes, identity, gender, family issues, racism, interview from Rosa parks, debate, Brexit and mental health are made into a performance of the person’s speech to show the audience about how bad times they had in their life or what happened in the past history that affected people. The reason why verbatim theatre is used is because they would want to influence the audience about what happened to the past, what's going to happen in the future or also how the person went through a rough and horrible time.
 
Image result for vebatime theatre

Problem solving

The difficult thing about rehearsal is at the beginning of practice some people were late and also remember lines. What I was practicing was mostly to project the lines that I had to say and also act like the character not myself until the auditions Finnish.

Evaluation of the performance 

At the start of the performance I was kind of nervous especially saying my lines out loud in front of everyone. Even if people where looking at me so I took breaths and went for it, as soon as I finished acting I realised that there's nothing really to stress out and be brave, all I saw is people clapping so loud that it meant that not just me but everyone in the stage did amazing and I'm happy about it. Many thanks to my amazing teachers that made me brave enough to perform in front of everybody.
There was two important skills what I improved. The two skills are projecting my voice to the audience and stick by being the character. What went well is all of my classmates performing is piece by piece with out being nervous. For me I was on time to perform and I knew what to do. I think what should I improve is to look at the audience more while I say my line and also show good face posture while I'm performing. I will be practicing more to say my lines while staring at the audience and use good posture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our day out unit 9

the lightning tech from Identity